Blepharoplasty (Eye Bags)
Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
• Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It gives a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert.
• Eye bag removal surgery (blepharoplasty) removes the drooping skin of upper eyelids, eliminates eye bags and tightens the lower eyelid skin. Eye bag removal surgery can make people look younger and less tired which, as a result, can increase confidence.
• If you notice excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelid or below the lower eyelid, or if you have loose skin hanging from your upper eyelids, eye bag removal surgery may be able to help you with this.
Eyebag removal could be for you if you notice any of the following telltale signs around your eyes:
• Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelid
• Loose skin hanging from the upper eyelids, making the eyes looks tired
• Excess skin (eye bag) of the lower eyelids
• Droopiness of the lower eyelids sometimes referred to as eye bags
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any one or more of these signs, then cosmetic eyelid surgery could very well be the answer you’re searching for.
How do we proceed for surgery?Consultation with the surgeon, you will asked to get few blood tests done , to ascertain your general fitness for surgery.
Blepharoplasty is a day care procedure. You are asked to come to clinic in the morning.
It is done under Local anesthesia + sedation. The surgery last 1-2 hrs on average.
You will be shifted to your room after that. You can go back home in evening.
You will be asked not to strain your eyes & avoid vigorous eyelid movements for two weeks.
There will be some Post operative Swelling& bruising around the eyes, but it settles down gradually.
Follow Up?First follow up on 3rd day after surgery.
After that you will be called on 6th day for stitch removal.